Fire Safety Training
We can offer a wide range of fire safety training services. To find out more, please see below.
It is a legal requirement and hugely important to ensure that your employees are properly trained to ensure they know what to do and how to react in the event of a fire.
Why do I need it?
There are many significant benefits to the training, such as:
- Training will help you to protect the safety of your employees and anyone else on the premises
- It will save valuable time in dealing with the fire, minimise damage to premises and any down time to your business
- It will allow you comply with your legal and regulatory obligations
Who should be trained and when?
- All employees should receive basic fire safety training as part of their induction and this should be refreshed at appropriate intervals
- Training should be given if changes are made to any of your fire prevention procedures
- Training should also be given if people are transferred between roles or places of work
- More detailed training is required for those undertaking fire marshal or specific duty roles
How can we help?
We offer a range of training courses, including the following:
- E-Learning training modules
These allow your staff to undertake the training at their own pace, in the workplace at a low cost. The courses include assessments enabling you to ensure that your staff understand the content and are fully certificated providing you with the evidence you need to demonstrate compliance.
- Basic Fire Awareness Training
For the formal courses, we will come to your premises and present a course to your staff covering fire safety regulation, the theory of fire, fire prevention and the actions to be taken in the event of a fire. The course will be tailored to your individual firm needs and include an overview of your firm specific procedures.
- Fire Marshal / Fire Warden Training
This course covers all the elements included in the basic fire awareness training with additional detail and focus on the role and duties of a fire marshal / fire warden including evacuation and ongoing controls and checks.
- Practical Fire Extinguisher Training
You do not want untrained staff using portable firefighting equipment, as selecting the wrong type of fire extinguisher will most certainly make matters worse, causing possible personal harm and spreading the fire.
Portable firefighting equipment in trained use has been shown to be very effective in extinguishing fires in their early stages.
Our courses cover the selection of portable firefighting equipment, instruction in their practical use, a demonstration and an opportunity for your staff to practice in a safe, supervised environment.
The course is available either standalone or as a supplement to both the basic fire awareness training and the fire marshal/fire warden training.